I wish all my felow bloggers and readers a very happy ,safe and prosperous DIWALI. This year too I painted the plain earthern Diyas to be more attractive.
Though Diwali brinhs lots of smiles , joy and happiness in ones family, it is the Diyas which color the festival.The reason for this is that the lighting of a diya is regarded as forcing light upon darkness, whether it be in the form of evil, tyranny or ignorance.
Most Hindu households often light a diya once every morning and in the evening. It’s not just a customary practice but signifies the submission of one’s soul to the supreme power.
- Get few variety od earthern diyas and soak in wtaer for few minutes (say 10)
- Dry them in sun so that they become receptive to paint.
- Choose any acrylic or fabric paints to paint Diyas.
- Try out different combinatons as per the design of diya.
- Dry them for 3-4 hours.Stick tiny mirrors, zari thread, small shells, sequins, beads or glitter on the diyas to pack a decorative punch.